To use conditional formatting in Google Sheets to highlight cells based on certain criteria, follow these steps:
- Select the cells that you want to apply the conditional formatting to.
- Click the “Format” dropdown in the toolbar, then select “Conditional formatting.”
- In the “Format cells if” dropdown, choose the criteria that you want to use to trigger the formatting. For example, you might choose “Greater than” and enter a value to highlight cells with values greater than that number.
- Click the dropdown next to “Formatting style” and choose the formatting style that you want to apply when the criteria are met. You can choose from a variety of options, such as changing the cell’s background color, text color, or font style.
- If you want to add additional criteria, click the “Add another rule” button and repeat steps 3 and 4.
- When you are finished, click “Done” to apply the conditional formatting.
Your selected cells will now be formatted based on the criteria that you specified. The formatting will update automatically whenever the cell values change.