To create a sheet template in Google Sheets, you can follow these steps:
- Open a new or existing sheet in Google Sheets.
- Set up the sheet with the desired formatting, data, and formulas.
- From the “File” menu, select “Make a copy.” This will create a copy of the sheet.
- Rename the copy to the name you want to use for your template.
- From the “File” menu, select “Publish to the web.”
- In the “Publish to the web” window that appears, click the “Start publishing” button.
- After publishing, click the “Copy link” button to copy the URL of the published sheet.
- Save the URL as a bookmark or save it in a document for future reference.
To use the template, you can simply open the URL of the published sheet and make a copy of it. This will create a new sheet with the same formatting, data, and formulas as the template. You can then modify the new sheet as needed.
Alternatively, you can create a sheet template by creating a sheet with the desired formatting, data, and formulas and then saving it as a Google Sheets file on your computer. You can then use this file as a starting point for new sheets by opening it and making a copy of it.